Advertisements
Advertisements
Advertisements
My boys mom is a master manipulator She had a homestudy in her state a worker who meet with her for 2 and half hours saw it.
Luckly she is in another state and my kids are 17 and 15 so the choice not to talk to her. And she can not be a master manipulator with them so she doesnt bother to call them or even talk to them online or text them anymore.
I try to find the good in their parents and tell them there mother wants them back and loves them. But do not think they will ever go live with her.
Some of the things our last bio pulled.
"I am going to take Muscle Man shopping for our visit. He really needs some cloths". So I let them use the gift card from the clothing allowance. They come back with a new Ipod.
"I just can't get to the meeting to take Muscle Man to the DMV cause my tire blew and I am on the side of the road and cars are about to hit me. sob...." So UberGeek goes over and changes to her spare tire for her. We miss the meeting but oh well. Next phone call is "The tire place has always taken care of me before but now they want $35 for a used tire replacement" Our answer, Well, then you will have to pay them $35. Your spare tire will be fine to use until you can get the money.
Next thing I know she is calling me to see if I will take in her 18 year old daughter who has just been kicked out of the house she was crashing in. "Just for a little while till she can get back on her feet". Umm, I don't think CPS will let us take in adults without a background check. (that is my story and I am sticking to it!)
There were countless other times too. It amazed me how much she manipulated me into even after I saw what she was doing. It is my nature to help so hard to say know and be uncharitable. But wow. She just was a master at getting what she needed without having to work a bit for it. Car, rehab, halfway house, surgery, immigration lawyers, private school for Muscle Man, all on "grants"
Yep. DD's BM is famous as a master manipulator. I was warned and early on put the shield up
There's a fine line between sympathizing and "owning" her problem. (aka boundaries)
When T is in full drama mode, I may say "yeah, that sucks".. or if its in email, i may ignore it for a day or two.
I don't ever say "things are going to get better"
The second you start trying to help - even with encouraging words, you are marked as a soft touch
Honestly, whether the kiddo has a cake with their BM or not.. it doesn't matter to the kid. Certainly not balloons.. Kids learn at an early age what to expect from their parents.
hang in there
phxmama
Good for hubby! So who bought the tokens?:flower:
Funny thing. She had money for tokens but not pizza. If she had put any thought into it, she would have spent that token money on 1 all you can eat salad bar plate which all three of them could have ate off.
I wonder if she will call and complain to the SW that we didn't buy the kids any lunch during her visit.
I guess she shouldn't have picked a venue that she couldn't afford.
Advertisements