Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
OK here is what I found in my own search. After an appeal is filed, and an attorney is appointed to the appellant (bio mom) by the court, the atty reviews the record and files a brief. IF the atty cannot find anything in the record to raise as an issue in a brief they file a SADE C. Brief with the court stating that they cannot find any issue to address, also a letter goes out to the appellant (bio mom) stating what her options are (to represent herself, to abandon the appeal etc). The letter contains all the options and the bio mom can then ignore it or choose one. If she ignores it then the appeal is abandoned (30 days?), she can write her own appeal or select another option. The court has allowed 30 days for a supplemental brief to be filed, giving the bio mom more time to either write her own appeal, ,withdraw ignore, get another atty, etc.
So at this point it is looking VERY GOOD, anyone can chime in and correct please if I am off or left something out.
I did my research on the CALI Court website, and searching for sample SADE C. letters to clients.