Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
We have done talk therapy, stimulates, and not stimulates, neuro-feedback and diet.
Talk therapy did nothing (but the therapist was not use to manipulative child with attachment issues)
Stimulates work to a point, instead of a wild out of control, it made him grumpy and emotional and still somewhat wild, one made him OCD, that was weird :).
Non-stimulates worked pretty well until they didn't, it like his body got use to it and then it did not work anymore, we switched to a different one with some improvement.
I would highly recommend looking into Neuro-feedback, we started and have had the most improvement through this therapy.
After 3 year of meds, we recently went off, I like to think it is the neuro-feedback program and we just found out he has major food allergies, and not allergies that show on his skin, but one that produces out of control behaviors, (disruptive, loud, tantrums, etc)
We have been on a dairy and wheat free diet, since Nov. it has been very difficult. But for lunch we let him have Ice cream and now he is acting like he use to before bed time.
I certainly do not have the answer for you but if in your gut you know this is not working for him, then keep trying something else.
I use to be one that was not for young children on meds, then my five year old was getting in the car after school and screaming for an hour and throwing shoes at my head while I drove:(
However I do not believe that meds, should change a child's personality. It should help them be the best they can be.
best of luck