Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Not the baby - it's Firecracker who will be 6 in two weeks.
I can't take another minute of it. He was on Concerta but was like a zombie so now he is on Focalin and all he does is cry.
Basically anything that doesn't go exactly as he wants - he cries. And it is happening at school too. And the more he cries the more it wears on my patience. As of right now - if he cries he has to go to his room until he can stop. I would say he is spending 50% of his day in his room crying.
I thought an automatic no matter what you are doing then you go to your room would stop the crying would work but it doesn't. I have tried helping him calm down but he can't in the moment. I have tried time outs while sitting with me and then he starts to cry if I look at him. He is in a therapy class at school that is supposed to help him but it isn't.
My bio kids were not big on crying. Sure they tried but I would always say - "Cry harder and maybe I will change my mind." They would look at me, get mad and stop. (I have tried that with him too.) My kids just know that I NEVER give in on crying.
I have asked him if crying has ever worked at our house and he acknowledges that it hasn't. But it works with his mom - and it is worse now that he is in care because she feels so guilty.
I seriously feel like I am going to go over the edge...we have a follow up with the doctor to switch his meds but I just don't think there is going to be an answer - he is on his 3rd one (5 if you count changing the dosing) and nothing is really working.
Anyone have a magic crying solution?