Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
ubringmejoy
I'm sorry i get angry when i read threads and i hear that children especially 6 yo are on medication.
Yea - I used to be anti-meds too. (although I certainly would never have told someone that they made a bad choice - it was just something I thought I would never do)
But I had a little boy come to my home who at 5 did not know his alphabet, his colors, any numbers and who was violent, throwing major temper tantrums and basically out of control. I spent 8 months trying therapy, all the parenting techniques suggested by everyone under the sun and nothing worked. We got him evaluated and there was no doubt he is ADHD and possibly oppositional defiant but they didn't want to label that. So we put him on meds. It was not a decision I took lightly. I cried about it, prayed about, sought counsel from others and realized it was best for him.
He is doing much better in school now and is learning his letters, numbers and colors and there is a possibility they might actually send him to 1st grade now - something they would have never considered before he started his ADHD meds....
So unless you have walked a mile in the shoes of someone dealing with a child like this - you can get off your high horse.