Advertisements
Advertisements
We were just starting our adoption from Kaz when it shut down. Moved to Russia and have been enjoying our little Russian boy for 2 years now. :love: Wanting to find him a sibling somewhere across the waters and all signs are pointing to Kaz...with Russia closed and Kaz newly re-opened. My understanding is that they haven't actually processed any dossiers yet and someone was wondering if it might be awhile before they actually start referring children! :confused:
SO...
Who all out there knows anything about it? Would love to hear from families in the process...what is your agency telling you as far as time etc.
Also..does anyone know about the youngest age available? Most places I read to expect 3 and up but our agency says it is possible to be referred and under 2 year old!! She says their are infants in their baby houses. Can I believe this???
Any info on anything related to Kaz would be gratefully accepted!! :-)) Thanks!
Hi,
I think we are moving into Kaz as an option now that Russia is closed. I am being told different things all over the place. My agency, which i really trust, is telling us differnt things than what are online. I also keep finding older information, so new stuff seems limited.
Im hearing few months wait for referral and and I am hearing around a one year old for ages.
hmmm....inquiring minds want to know more info!
Advertisements
My understaning from our agency is that in the beginning they will be striving to place the 3-4 year olds who have waited thru. But then the first families will be able to adopt a younger baby since there will be no wait for those. I have not heard 1 yr old being a "norm" though, and would be wary for sure if you do - gosh that was not even the norm when they closed down last time by the time we got home :). Maybe expect referral of 1 (meaning 18 months included in there?), as something that would happen maybe?
hope this helps....
heather
mama to 2, onto 3
Yes, I know when I heard it I was confused. However, I have been working with the agency for awhile now and I am comfortable with them. They also have good ratings and feedback.
I take what they say, and what I read online with a grain of salt. My Hubs and I made a commitment to this process and will see it through. We make the best chioces about the information we have and then go from there... in hope and faith. So if it is a newborn, a two year old or a four year old... it is what it is.. and we will love them and care for them.
Where all are you looking for information? I have not been able to get a handle on the trips and the length the trips 'may' be. I also was not able to get a recent report on what court may be like over there too.
Thoughts?
Halcyon,
I like your last post...my thoughts exactly! Hubby and I decided that Kaz is the country we wanted to go with (you know that warm fuzzy feeling you finally get when trying to make big decisions like this?):-) and we would like as young as possible, but will love and accept whole heartedly what ever child the Lord has over there for us!! Would you mind PM me which agency you are using? It's my understanding there are only 2 agencies currently accredited so I guess I could guess 50% correct HA
PM sent.
I saw a comment in the FRUA FB page that Kaz was experiencing troubles. Anyone have a good link to check up on besides adoption.state.gov or whatever that page is that I stalk... :)
Advertisements
This was posted on the embassy website yesterday:
[url]http://www.kazakhembus.com/article/kazakhstan-strengthens-child-adoption-policies[/url]
Not sure what it means, but it seems like it might be a good step. I plan on emailing our agency Monday. Anyone else hear anything?
GUH!
I am beyond frusterated right now. I got off the phone with the agency, and it seems that there is no real news. Kaz is still closed.
We finally heard back from HS agent, and I am working on the I800, but if Kaz never opens back up again, this will be all for nothing. blarg.
Anyone have any good leads or information?
Have you heard anything? Our agency had said they did not expect Kazakhstan to open before the end of February, although we are a little past that now. But, they also said to not begin the dossier process-I800, etc, until Kaz opened, so we have just stayed in the home study phase. I'm guessing things will go very fast once they do open, which is what I'm holding out for!