Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Thread: baby registry
Wishfulthinking- I had a dear friend throw my DH and I a foster/adoption baby shower. If you look back at my threads you will see the idea stressed me out, but at the same time I wanted to experience celebrating the child or children that would come with my family and friends- and you need stuff!
In the end- we called it a "Prep for Parenthood Party" and on the cute- gender neutral invitations, my friend put "We invite you to help BS and DH celebrate and prepare for "The Call" for a newborn-1 year old baby boy or girl. The people invited were close family and friends and they all knew our plan, so it was the farthest thing from awkward- it was just a fun party with lots of baby stuff. We registered for the general things you need- diapers in different sizes- WIPES- you can NEVER have enough wipes, pacis, basic care items, baby moniter, sound machine, boppy pillow, bottles, bibs (never too many bibs either). I think it is good if you know your age range to register for toys and books too. About the only thing we avoided was clothing- and you will get a small clothing reimbursement if it is the way my state works. Gift cards are great- I did go and get a few gender neutral onsies. If there is someone who wants to shower you let them! New foster/adoptive parents need things just as much as birth parents! And it is fun to prepare!