Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi all,
So excited:cheer: brought home a 4 day old safe haven baby girl last night.... Can't hardly stand it & just had to share. She is too stinkin' cute...hope the next 30 days fly by.....
Advertisements
Wow! Congrats!!!
I have been asking my RW since last May to update my home study and send it to Adoption Operations in hopes of being matched with an adoptive placement/safe haven baby.
I am happy for you!!!
Thank you all-I really never thought it could or would happen! She is just amazing-sleeps 4+ hours at a clip during the night-happy happy baby. My FS is totally taken with her & wants to "help"-gets me the bottle, blanket etc. I am trying very hard to include him in everything as he was my one & only for over 20 months-don't want him to feel slighted..thanks again
Advertisements
Congratulations! Our daughter was also a save haven baby. Hope you're getting some sleep with a newborn. :)
Yay! How exciting!!! My daughter was a safe haven baby also, brought her home at 2 days old and finalized adoption when she was 8 mths old. Congratulations!
Hi,
My husband and I just finished out homestudy and our officially certified through dyfs. I was wondering who you contact for safe haven babies?
Thanks,
Noelle;)
There isn't a specific list for safe haven babies that I know of. They are relatively rare, though this past year there seems to have been more than there usually are. I don't know if you are just interested in fostering or adopting but you can specify to your worker that you want to just foster or just adopt (or both), and specify the ages that you are interested in. You should be placed on an adoption list, though I have no idea how this list works. We received our safe haven baby after previously fostering and adopting our first child. We changed our status to adoption only after our first child because we didn't want her to be negatively affected by foster children coming in and out of her life. Hope this help...
Advertisements
Thanks. We are on the adoption only list in Trenton and also through the are local dyfs office as
Foster to adopt. We have two boys 6 & 7 and I feel the same way you do about permanency. I have gotten a few
Calls but it is not what we have specified. I'm sure the call will come :) was your "call" through your local dyfs office or Trenton?
Our call came from Trenton-this baby wasn't in our county. I am not sure what the typical protocol is-but what we were told is they do a system search based on what info they have for the baby, print out the home studies, review them individually then as a group to "score" them in order to make a decision. We where one of five families being considered. Also when they call you have to give an answer right then-either you are or aren't interested so the adoption unit can move on in the process.. GL :-). Also I used to call Trenton adoption unit every 5-6 months to make sure they had us in the system etc...
Our call came from Trenton-this baby wasn't in our county. I am not sure what the typical protocol is-but what we were told is they do a system search based on what info they have for the baby, print out the home studies, review them individually then as a group to " score" them in order to make a decision. We where one of five families being considered. Also when they call you have to give an answer right then-either you are or aren't interested so the adoption unit an move on in the process.. GL :-). Also I used to call Trenton eye 5-6 months to ake sure they had us in the system etc...
Hi! First...congratulations!
Second...I am so curious as to how long you waited before getting your little one...how long was your info with adoption operations?
Thank you....and enjoy the baby!
:love:
Advertisements
Hi,
We have been foster parents for 2.5 yrs & our adoption paperwork has been with Trenton for about 2 yrs....