Advertisements
Advertisements
I know this has probably been done a hundred times before, but it should probably updated from time-to-time anyway.
What are some of the movies with adoption/foster themes you have seen? What are the movies you liked the best?
I came up with:
1. Meet the Robinsons
2. Blindside
3. The Odd Life of Timothy Green
4. Hotel for Dogs
5. Martian Child
In terms of watching with the children, I really like Martian Child. For myself, I love The Odd Life of Timothy Green. Timothy Green might be the only movie that really portrays the experience of foster parents.
Advertisements
While not technically about a foster family, win win is an awesome movie about an older kid being "adopted." I am a huge paul giametti fan though so I may be biased!
Advertisements
Advertisements
'The Christmas Bunny' was sweet. And I think the portrayal of foster/adoption on 'Parenthood' this season has been pretty realistic (ie it doesn't always go perfectly). I also liked 'Martian Child' and 'The lost and found family'. 'Gracie's Choice' was also good (more of kinship care than foster care though).
How did I forget about Despiccable Me and Annie? We watch those all the time! I'm going to have to check out Lost and Found Family. I never even heard of it, but the trailer looks intriguing.
Advertisements
preacherjt
How did I forget about Despiccable Me and Annie? We watch those all the time! I'm going to have to check out Lost and Found Family. I never even heard of it, but the trailer looks intriguing.
I don't know how but we have three different versions of Annie....
Surprised nobody mentioned Loosing Isaiah. There was also a new one on Lifetime with Kerry Washington that was good, but I only caught the last hr.