Advertisements
Advertisements
inshape
Surprised nobody mentioned Loosing Isaiah. There was also a new one on Lifetime with Kerry Washington that was good, but I only caught the last hr.
That is the first one I ever saw...long before I was a foster mom of a little boy with that name...that is a powerful movie.
I have not seen "The Odd Life of Timothy Green" yet...but, by the trailers, I don't get how it's foster/adopt ish...
Advertisements
Losing Isaiah was hard to watch. I also saw years before becoming an adult and adopting. I love love love Jessica Lange.
Anyone else notice a lot of horror movies with adoption themes? Kids are almost always scary possessed etc.
hopefulandwatching
I have not seen "The Odd Life of Timothy Green" yet...but, by the trailers, I don't get how it's foster/adopt ish...
It's hard to describe, the child is dropped into their lap in the middle of the night, then he suddenly leaves, very similar to how fosters come and go for us...you have to watch it to get it. Even my 8yo at the end of it said "Hey! They're foster parents!"
Yes the horror movies! There are lots of them where the kid is evil and the poor parents suffer. It's sad how that negetive stereotype keeps getting perpetuated.
We've started a foster parent dinner and a movie training and so far have done blindside, I am Sam, and free Willie, next one up is white oleander, other ones we have discussed as possible....trust, ice age 2, angels in the outfield, and Edward scissorhands
Advertisements
mom2fabtwins
We've started a foster parent dinner and a movie training and so far have done blindside, I am Sam, and free Willie, next one up is white oleander, other ones we have discussed as possible....trust, ice age 2, angels in the outfield, and Edward scissorhands
Those are very creative titles. I thjnk your dinner and a movie idea is whast wevare starting with the support group we run.
Love both Pollyanna and Anne of Green Gables!
I've seen almost all of these movies, and it's a GREAT list!!
Losing Isiah breaks my heart every time!
Deep in my heart.....Anne Bancroft is in it. It makes me cry everytime I see it.
Immediate Family (about a private adoption scenario though)
And yea, growing up, knowing I was adopted and once in foster care myself, there was a bunch of movies and TV episodes that depicted adopted and foster kids as being evil, from the devil, just waiting to kill their fosters or adoptive parents and everyone else in their path!
Advertisements
Odd life on Timothy Green is amazingly beautiful and I cried the 4 times I watched it. It's a happy cry :)
Loosing Isaiah was a sad cry although still worth watching to get it all out. The story reminds me of my FS so it hit hard for me. I found out about it when his Aunt said the situation reminded her of that movie. so of course I ran home to rent it! Lol
For a scary one-Case 121-anyone seen it? Its like the PP mentioned, makes the child out to be evil and kills a bunch of people in the movie. Very scary!! Also Dandelion Dust was a great one-a tear-jerker for sure!
Advertisements
I love "I Am Sam" It has an even more special meaning for me now than before because my fs's mom is developmentally delayed. Actually, we had a day in court yesterday very much like "Sam's" day in court in the movie. Very sad.
Also love "Anne of Green Gables." Watched it all through growing up. Inspired me to be a foster mom. Gave our adopted daughter the middle name "Anne" after her.
We just saw "October Baby" this last weekend. Both my husband and I were upset that the parents didn't tell her she was adopted until she was in college :-(
"Kung Foo Panda 2"
Not really an adoption movie but "Finding Nemo."
Thanks for the list. I've got my library's search engine open and I'm putting some of these titles on hold.
Watched The Odd Life of Timothy Green last night and cried about four times. I loved it so much I'm making my husband watch it with me tonight. It may seem odd but trust me when I say you have to see it!