Advertisements
Advertisements
MountainMommy
Watched The Odd Life of Timothy Green last night and cried about four times. I loved it so much I'm making my husband watch it with me tonight. It may seem odd but trust me when I say you have to see it!
We rented it tonight and I made the mistake of making it a family movie...I didn't realize how horribly sad it was. It was too much for my 11 year bio - she ended up sobbing at the end. It scared Firecracker that the kid just disappeared. I should have researched it better.
The thing is that I don't think it is like foster care...we KNOW what we are getting into...they didn't. They didn't know he was leaving. They thought he was there forever.
Advertisements
I loved I am Sam and Martian Child...also liked Stuart Little...thinking about showing that one to my 4 1/2 year old to talk about it
Got some new titles to check out...thanks for the list!
Loving4ward
We rented it tonight and I made the mistake of making it a family movie...I didn't realize how horribly sad it was. It was too much for my 11 year bio - she ended up sobbing at the end. It scared Firecracker that the kid just disappeared. I should have researched it better.
The thing is that I don't think it is like foster care...we KNOW what we are getting into...they didn't. They didn't know he was leaving. They thought he was there forever.
I saw it at the theatre with my 9 and 7yo who both loved it, and yes my dd teared up at the end. I felt the foster care correlation when I saw it too. In fact I remember posting an update of FB saying that it hits close to home. Guess it's just a matter of perspective LOL!