Advertisements
Advertisements
I know several of you mentioned using video monitors for babies. What brands have you used? What do you recommend? Has anyone used a wifi camera?
We're trying to decide what to do. Our funds are limited, but I really want a video monitor. We co-slept with all 4 of our babies so I have never had a baby in a crib, much less a totally separate room (no babies in parents' room with our agency)! Baby will be sharing a room with our 3 year old daughter down the hall from us. I think without being able to see baby, I'm going to be constantly checking on him/her in the night and driving myself crazy! So any suggestions on a video monitor that works well, but doesn't cost a fortune would be much appreciated! :)
You may want to consider a SIDS monitor if that would ease your mind! They go under the crib mattress and sense baby's movement. I have one for my littlest child are kiddo and love it!
Advertisements
I also have the Summer brand video monitor and it is hands down better then the other's I bought and returned at a fraction of the cost. I bought mine at Walmart and it works great in the dark at night and only cost $80. I bought a $2xx one at Toys R Us I can't remember the name but it was HORRIBLE. Grainy in the dark, low sound quality. I have 2 special needs kiddos and I have 2 Summer monitors on different channels and no interference. LOVE THEM. When one has a seizure or chokes I hear it all and can get to them right away.
We have the Summer video monitor. It works great and I can hear everything on it. We are adding cameras to it.
Adding onto the Summer monitor bandwagon here: I have had 3 different video monitor systems and by far the best is Summer. So worth it even if it's a few bucks more. You can hear everything so clearly, the video feed is so much crisper, and the range is very good- it's definitely the best.
Advertisements
I need to look into these for the older kids! I have a largish family (4 forever kiddos so anytime we have fosters we will have at least 5) and I can't do line of sight supervision. I have to check with our worker and see if we are allowed putting these in older kids bedrooms. We are going to start doing respite on the weekends for a child who has major behavior issues and needs to be closely watched.
I would check with your agency or county before you install a video monitor. Here video monitors are not allowed even for infants and traditional baby monitors are not allowed to be in use for kids over 5. You would need to rule variance.
I know it sounds silly. You would think that it would help with supervision (which is why I have always used a traditional baby monitor), but the state might think that it is an invasion of privacy.
If they are allowed, I hope you find a good one.
Thanks for the messages above, I was not aware of some of those issues. My wife and I recently adopted and are looking into another baby monitor. We currently have one but wanted to know if anyone had any ideas about video baby monitors. Are they worth it? My wife found a couple but I was hoping I could get some real feedback.
Anyone heard of this one?
[url=http://www.bestbabymonitorworld.com/infant-optics-dxr-5-review/]Infant Optics DXR-5 Review - Best Baby Monitor World - Compare Top Baby Monitor Reviews - Best Baby Monitor World[/url]
Hi,
I was looking for the baby video monitors which has the best features at best prices. For this i gone through a little home work and make a market research. After few weeks of work and reviews from people, i was able to find the product that i need from [url=http://www.amazon.com/Foscam-FBM3501-Digital-Video-Monitor/dp/B00DNBA82S]Amazon.com: Foscam FBM3501 Digital Video Baby Monitor - 2.4 Ghz with Pan/Tilt, Nightvision and Two-Way Audio/Video Camera with 3.5-Inch LCD (White/Gray): Baby[/url] at the best prices.
Advertisements
Hi,
You could try the AngelCare, as I'm using the sound and video monitor. If a budget is a problem, you could suffice with sound only.
You can see what they can offer here -
[URL="http://www.squidoo.com/angelcare-baby-monitors-video"]AngelCare monitor reviews[/URL]
Good luck :female:
I've not used Wifi, since I wouldn't want to put my baby at Wifi Waves.
I have been using the sound and video of AngelCare, which are great.
Found a site where you can see what they have :)
[URL="http://www.squidoo.com/angelcare-baby-monitors-video"]angelcare baby monitor[/URL]
I'm not a fan of the wifi monitors. I have a samsung one and my ipad would turn off in the middle of the night. I also had to keep turning the night vision on with this one everytime I wanted to see A. I just purchased a levana baby monitor that includes the uma movement monitor and I'm really excited to recieve it tomorrow. Because both my FD had terrible reflux and would throw up in their sleep I never really slept well when they were newborns. I'm hoping this me sleep better next time we get a squishy. I'd say got with a video monitor that includes it's own screen only because of the issues we had with our samsung.
I have been considering buying the monitors that go under the baby and alarm if they don't breathe after 30 sec.
Advertisements
Most brands are fine. We have 2 and both are summer.
Honestly I'd go to eBay or Craigslist. Lol that's what we did.
If baby is newborn I sleep in living room for the first several weeks to get a feel for who they are.
I think it's crazy not to allow baby in a crib or bassinet in parents room.
I know several of you mentioned using video monitors for babies. What brands have you used? What do you recommend? Has anyone used a wifi camera?
We're trying to decide what to do. Our funds are limited, but I really want a video monitor. We co-slept with all 4 of our babies so I have never had a baby in a crib, much less a totally separate room (no babies in parents' room with our agency)! Baby will be sharing a room with our 3 year old daughter down the hall from us. I think without being able to see baby, I'm going to be constantly checking on him/her in the night and driving myself crazy! So any suggestions on a video monitor that works well, but doesn't cost a fortune would be much appreciated! :)
There are many good baby monitors actually so I can't recommend you a specific one to buy.
Instead, take a look at this guide here to understand how to find the right monitor brand that suits your needs and budget.
Have a nice day, buddy!