Advertisements
Advertisements
I'm not a fan of the wifi monitors. I have a samsung one and my ipad would turn off in the middle of the night. I also had to keep turning the night vision on with this one everytime I wanted to see A. I just purchased a levana baby monitor that includes the uma movement monitor and I'm really excited to recieve it tomorrow. Because both my FD had terrible reflux and would throw up in their sleep I never really slept well when they were newborns. I'm hoping this me sleep better next time we get a squishy. I'd say got with a video monitor that includes it's own screen only because of the issues we had with our samsung.
Advertisements
I have been considering buying the monitors that go under the baby and alarm if they don't breathe after 30 sec.
Most brands are fine. We have 2 and both are summer.
Honestly I'd go to eBay or Craigslist. Lol that's what we did.
If baby is newborn I sleep in living room for the first several weeks to get a feel for who they are.
I think it's crazy not to allow baby in a crib or bassinet in parents room.
I know several of you mentioned using video monitors for babies. What brands have you used? What do you recommend? Has anyone used a wifi camera?
We're trying to decide what to do. Our funds are limited, but I really want a video monitor. We co-slept with all 4 of our babies so I have never had a baby in a crib, much less a totally separate room (no babies in parents' room with our agency)! Baby will be sharing a room with our 3 year old daughter down the hall from us. I think without being able to see baby, I'm going to be constantly checking on him/her in the night and driving myself crazy! So any suggestions on a video monitor that works well, but doesn't cost a fortune would be much appreciated! :)
There are many good baby monitors actually so I can't recommend you a specific one to buy.
Instead, take a look at this guide here to understand how to find the right monitor brand that suits your needs and budget.
Have a nice day, buddy!