Advertisements
Advertisements
My heart is heavy, yet I know without a doubt, God is in control and His will is all I want. We have 4 bio children and fos-adopted a newborn baby boy who is now 19 months. We originally were in search for a 5 or 6 year old, but God had other plans. When he was 10 months, birth mom had another baby and we "got the call." We said "yes" and brought home another baby boy, making 6 wonderful children in our home. He is now 9 months old. Then just this past week, we "got the call" again. Another baby boy was born. I don't think these 3 boys could get any closer in age. This time, we feel worn out, and have to answer by tomorrow if we will take this new wonderful life. We are saying "no" but willing to take him if God makes it clear to take him by tomorrow. Has anyone ever been in this situation? Would love to hear your experience.
I wish we were in this situation :cheer:
I know so easy to say on the other side. I am 38 and we are still childless. I dream of a house full, but totally understand that there are a certain number of children that your house may be able to hold.
Decisions about families are hard. Once you approach the situation with prayer and do what you believe is right, no one can fault you. It has been about a week since your post. I hope you have come to a point of peace in the waiting.
Many blessings to you. You are a great momma to many and you have to do what is right for you, your husband, and children.
Advertisements
Thank you for your reply. I appreciate it. We told the county that we were interested in placement and my husband and I have been praying that if this is God's will, he would keep the door open and if it is not His will, the door would shut. The county is moving slow and they haven't arranged for our initial meeting or for us to meet the baby yet. So, we wait, pray and see what God does. I've been pondering on how to prepare for a new baby with my other 2 babies and my older 4. My husband's heart is still so heavy as he is tired of the baby stage and not sure if he could handle anymore crying. See, the 2 babies we have are high maintenance, were drug exposed, and cry often. We love them, adore them, and are blessed by them all at the same time. I will be praying over you and for the children God has planned for you in your life. I've prayed over this new little one and the possible other family God might want him at. I know that God has it all worked out and I just have to sit back and trust that he will give my husband and I peace about whatever choice is made.