Advertisements
Advertisements
It's been a while since I've posted. Two of our children were adopted from foster care and have been receiving a monthly subsidy, as well as there insurance card. We are considering moving out of state, and were wondering if these 'benefits' transfer. I would assume that they would because they are for the kids until age 18. My husband thinks that if we relocate, their benefits will end. I would really appreciate any info.
Thanks!
We moved from CO to MI and it transferred. however, I'm finding the Medicaid in MI is not as comprehensive as the Medicaid in CO.
We had to give our agency 90 days notice in order to get it done before we moved.
HTH
Advertisements
The subsidy transfers. The mom of my kids' siblings moved from Ny to GA acnd it went with the kids. Not sure about medicaid.
Yes subsidy and Medicaid will transfer to new state. You will receive new Medicaid from the current state you are living in. For example, I moved from OH to PA and my boys now have PA Medicaid. PA Medicaid didn't cover the exact medications that OH did so we had to try something else first before getting them to pay for the med that worked, but its virtually the same.
It is called the Interstate compact on adoption and medical assistance. We had to stay on the contacts and it took about a month after we moved to get our new insurance cards.
[url=http://aaicama.org/cms/index.php/state-information/state-contacts]AAICAMA Site - State Information[/url]
Thanks for the responses. I thought that they both would transfer, but was not sure. I will notify my agency when we have an exact date of move.
Thanks again.
Advertisements