Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi All,
We have been approved and waiting for a match for only a short time (since January). The waiting is no fun. What do you all do to keep yourselves sane.
I am working on being a better house cleaner, reading baby books, trolling blogs, and going to the beach. I have a very demanding job so that does help.
I really believe in God's timing and knowing that we will be matched with the exact baby that God has for us, but that does not make waiting easier.
Curious to know any good ideas for passing the time.
Plan trips, read baby books,do things you will not have time to do once baby comes and if you can start buying essential baby things, because you never know when it will happen. For us it happened so quickly and we were so unprepared. We had nothing for her. We thought we were going to be waiting a while and so we took our time with everything and regretted it. But it all worked out. Good luck to you and I hope your wait is a short one.
Advertisements
Went baby shopping tonight. Window shopping for now. Feels so weird shopping for a phantom baby. I do want to be prepared though. We will do the nursery next month.
Awww!! How exciting! Enjoy it!
Like the other poster, we thought it would take forever to get our daughter (and it did). But when the time came for her to come home, we were completely unprepared. We figured she'd be in her 20's before she finally came home! LOL! I wish I'd enjoyed the dreaming and the preparation.
During our wait, both before and after our first trip to visit DS I prayed, a lot. After years of waiting and giving up on another country things fell into place very quickly for us and from the time of learning about DS to bringing him home was about a year.
I studied a lot of books on adoptive parenting but forgot to learn all the normal parenting stuff - oops.
In the long run I knew that God had a plan for our little man, even if I wasn't privy to it. My faith got me through the bad, anxious days.
We nested and cut back on things and did a few things on our bucket list - good thing too as I just had to put in my notice at work yesterday as I need to stay home with DD now. Severe food allergies. So my advice is to think about the BIG picture and take the time to plan and talk about the not so pleasant stuff if things don't go as planned!
Advertisements