Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Oh my gosh this is awful. We really lucked out. God knew what He was doing when he lead us to our agency.
It's a non-profit and charges us a FLAT fee for our domestic adoption. We also pay as we go. They cover everything else no matter how many birth moms change their mind. The agency pays for the bmoms pre/post placement counseling and aids them with any assistance they may need. I didn't realize how amazing this is until I started reading up on these threads.
There is no way I could go through an adoption without knowing the exact costs ahead of time. We are not an ATM!
Our home study was just approved last week and all we have paid up to this point is $11,411. And it was paid gradually. Each step of the way was followed with a chunk of the fee. That way if we changed our mind at any point we wouldn't be at a huge loss. We pay for services as we receive them.
10 days after placement there is a fee of $2,000 and another of $3,000. If for some reason we don't have the money after baby costs they can work with us to make smaller payments.
All we have to do is pay for home study renewal each year if we aren't placed within a year.
Oh and if we happen to be placed with a sibling group there is an extra fee of $1,000 to cover paper work. That's it. You don't pay more for additional kids. They're not selling us babies!!!!:eek:
Not to mention we can apply for grants and they will send us refund checks for what we have paid if we turn in any grant $.