Advertisements
Advertisements
We're starting training on Tuesday to become foster-to-adopt parents. Hurray! :happydance:
Our extended family and friends are struggling to understand our decision, the process and what to expect. Ideally, we'd love to sit down with them and allow them to ask as many questions as they'd like, but we're so busy getting the house ready and preparing for training that this isn't a realistic strategy.
So, instead of 40 separate hour-long conversations, our parents recommended writing a letter to our family and friends to answer the Frequently Asked Questions, and then go from there with follow-up conversations.
By chance, is there a foster family who sent a similar letter who'd be open to sharing the letter or outline of their letter with us, please? There's so many details to consider sharing, and it'd be great to have an example to make it easier to accomplish this goal. Thanks! :flower:
Hi! Welcome!
My husband and I are early on in the process too- finished classes/ homestudy submitted to state.... We are waiting on our license to come, which should be within three weeks. :)
I am doing something like thin, because, like you I certainly do not have the time to explain this process to everyone in our large families.
I'll let you know what I come up with. Good luck with your classes! Feel free to PM me with any questions! I'm def looking to connect with other AZ foster moms!!
Advertisements