Advertisements
Advertisements
I feel ya, We've been empty 5.5 months and had only recieved 1 call until about 2 wks ago. In the last 2 wks we have recieved 3 calls but none in our criteria even though I did say yes to one of them they went somewhere else.
Advertisements
What area are you in? We just learned today that we are licensed and have received a call, but it was for one more kid than we were open to and also way out of our age range. I'm so anxious for a call! We are in Marion County though, so I'd think we'd be getting ones fairly soon.
I was driving through Frankton the other day and they have signs all over town asking people to become foster parents. Can you check with other counties?
Advertisements
No placement calls yet. Its been 5 months. I've been letting other caseworkers from different counties know we have an available bed but no calls still. Maybe things will pick up since summer break is here.
We've had our license almost 10 months now, and not even 1 placement. :grr: Sooooo sick of the ads trying to get foster parents.
We are now pulling out of fc. It's really sad - I was so excited when we started.
We asked for another placement a month ago, and, even though it was a very specific request (we specified african american or bi-racial infant girl), I honestly did not expect to wait this long for a placement.
I've never waited longer than 2 weeks for a placement call when we've opened up in the past for infants-- there is a very high need in our county.
I might open it up completely and just say any race/any gender infant if we don't get a placement in another month.
Advertisements