Advertisements
Advertisements
[QUOTE=buckeyemama]Don't assume I'm an idiot and don't know my FS is biracial. Seriously, 2 people said to me "you know, he looks biracial" ...no, really!? I had no idea :S On the same note don't call him an Oreo either! Although, I think THAT person now knows because she was a therapist who will never set foot in my house again!
Strangers in line at the grocery store, I'm all for you ogling over my children but when I tell you how old they are when you ask, the follow up questions should not be about how difficult was "my" pregnancy and where they delivered early. (Honestly now I lie and say they are younger to avoid all the Q's. All of the children who've been in my home excluding one were all very small...off the growth charts small.)
Also BABY CLOTHING MANUFACTURES!!! (Carter's!!!) Why do 90% of your clothing and bibs say I love mommy, I love daddy?? Sorry, I am all about being pro RU and supporting bios but I can not put my foster children in these billboards! (But I will say he day I got to put MY daughter in an I love mommy shirt was pretty spectacular. Her love for me was well earned;))[/QUOTE]
OH, YES!!! The clothes!!! I hated them. One of my kids had a lot of "daddy" apparel, with a MIA dad. Ummm...funny I never put her in them. I never felt right about buying them for the kids either. Why, why why? Do they have to put mom and dad on EVERYTHING! It was a huge pet peeve of mine while fostering.