Advertisements
Advertisements
My son has gone thru 3 pant sizes every year of school. In kindergarten, he started in size 5 and ended just at a 7. First grade, he started in 7 and ended just at a 10. This year in second grade, he has grown fully into the size (10, but may go into a 12 before the year ends based on his growth. He has only grown thru 2 sizes of shirts, he started in size 6 for K and now is growing out of size 8. I buy pants a size bigger than his current size, he has to wear uniform for school. I cuff his pants and I have hemmed them. I found out the hard way how hard it is to find navy blue uniform pants at certain times of the year, so I don't want to experience that again.
I will have to replace his entire school wear this summer due to his growth,but he might finally be slowing down.
Advertisements
I have a little peanut!! He will be in June and can wear a 5T or 4 in boys. His pants HAVE to have the thing in the waist to pull them smaller.
My two yr old wear is VERY long and VERY skinny. Needs a 3T in dresses, but can't even wear 24mth pants b/c they fall of even with the waist pulled!
Have two older ones; 12 yr who grows daily!!! Started the school yr wearing a 10/12 and is now in a junior size small or 3. My 15 yr old wears all junior size clothes.
I also have always liked to clearance shop and buy off season, but I find as they get older it gets MUCH harder to do!!!
LG is 9-3rd grade. For long pants a 7 slim, for shorts he still wears a 5. Shirts a 6. Except for long pants he's been wearing the same clothes for 2 years.
Wow, what a variation. T-shirts and jeans are pretty safe because you can wear them year-round but the tough thing is to try buying things like winter coats and swimsuits ahead of time. I bought two pairs of swim trunks at end of season last year and when we tried them on the other day they were already too small. But I got a great end-of-season deal on a winter coat two years ago thinking he'd be able to wear it the next winter, but it is STILL too big and I'm sick of looking at it hanging there uselessly in the closet!
When he was wearing 4T pants I bought a ton of 4T pants at a great clearance sale and literally a week later he suddenly could not fit into any of them anymore. it was crazy! My sister (not STBAS's mom) has twins a couple years younger than STBAS so at least she will probably be able to use them (even though they're twins one of them is smaller and can wear the smaller sizes longer). I have given her so many clothes that have never been worn or have only been worn once or twice.
Also, why is it that boys seem to only want to wear the same mangy 3 t-shirts? so you end up hiding them so that the school doesn't think his only shirts are three ratty ones?
We totally have that problem. DS will literally wear the same pair of sweatpants every day if I let him. And I do not think sweat pants should be worn to school AT ALL. I have broken down and now he rotates 5 pairs of sweat pants. And he will only wear tshirts or sweatshirts. Despite the fact that we have nice polos and sweaters galore. It is way worse in the summer. He literally wears the same pair of shorts everyday and rotates through 5 matching white wife beater tanks. He already told me he is going to need me to get him more of "his" tank tops for this summer. Some battles just are not worth it!
Advertisements
Same problem here. BS's growth is erratic -- when little wore twice his age, now barely his age. So buying ahead is quite a gamble.
Here's what's been helpful for me:
I have taken to buying nice polos and t's when on clearance that will work year round. Then, I've convinced him that the layered look is stylish (I think it is). I then buy him in the fall and winter long-sleeved plain t's that he wears under his polos and t's and then he's nice and warm and weather-appropriate. He also wears zip-up sweatshirts in the fall and winter if he wants to not wear a long-sleeved t underneath.
He wears jeans and shorts year around (shorts in the house or for sports) so those all I can buy a size ahead on clearance.
Hope these ideas are helpful!
I'm just gonna add I detest the diiference in sizes between brands! I buy off season items bigger than usual, or nect size so its likely to fit at some point. For example coats. Pants are a major gamble unless a sport or track pant. I usually buy those in season with coupons or gift cards.
It's depend on child age and size. There are different sizes available in the store according to your child size. Just buy lose wear but don't buy skinny clothes for your baby.
Advertisements
Its mostly depends on the size and weight of kids. Like my son is 2 months old and I buy for him zero size clothes. Through online shopping, you will get many ideas about the size of clothes for kids because they are mentioning weight and height both.
Last update on November 9, 3:51 pm by megera39.
Forum Comment on Kids' Clothing Sizes: My little one is growing so fast! Currently, they're wearing a mix of 2T and 3T, but I'm sure that'll change soon. How about yours? Forum Comment on CSD Discount Code: Thanks for sharing! Just got a great discount on some new clothes for the kids. Can't wait to see them in their new outfits!"
Forum Comment on Kids' Clothing Sizes:My little one is growing so fast! Currently, they're wearing a mix of 2T and 3T, but I'm sure that'll change soon. How about yours? Forum Comment on CSD Discount Code: Thanks for sharing! Just got a great discount on some new clothes for the kids. Can't wait to see them in their new outfits!