Advertisements
Advertisements
Hello all,
I am extremely new to this and searching for a baby boy my grandmother placed for adoption between 1955 and 1961 in Houston, Tx. All I know is that she was sent to a home for unwed mothers here in Houston and the baby was a boy. I don't know what home, but her name is Jo Ann McGee. She would have been between 15 and 21 years of age and had a c-section.
My family is extremely vague on this subject and her only living brother, who was 14 at the time, won't say anything other than, "your grandmother did a bad thing and we don't speak about it."
My mother is desperate to find her sibling.
Advertisements
I don't know if you're still looking or not, or if we're even talking about the same person, but my dad was given up for adoption in Houston in 1959, and we know VERY LITTLE about the birthmother. She gave him the last name "Chandler" at his birth, but we don't know if that was her last name or the father's last name. I was told she also was from New York, and came to Texas to give birth. I don't know if any of that is relevant to your search, but I am also hoping for answers for my family.