Advertisements
Advertisements
Help please!! I cannot afford a lawyer and my 2 oldest kids dad is in prison. He and I split up in March 2009 and his one and only visit he has had with the kids were in August of 2009. The kids are now 6 and 4 1/2 so they do not remember him or even what he looks like. The dead beat is now is in prison and has been prison for almost 2 years now and is not eligible for parole until March 2015 and that's not a promise he will get out, nor do I want him to get out. So my husband has expressed to me that he would adopt the kids but I highly doubt that "my ex" will consent so I know it's going to be a long process even though he hasnt wanted anything to do with them. (I filed for divorce in March 2009, 1 week after I sent him to jail for domestic violence, it was Dec. 2011 before my divorce was final for one because he didnt want the divorce and kept coming up with stupid things to fight about for example claimed the kids werent his so he wanted DNA testing, than when he was proven wrong he wanted to fight for custody and then he dissappeared off the face of this earth and found him in prison in Sept 2011...3 months later my divorce got final.) So with that as the example I know this will be a long process. How can I do all the petitioning on my own and get this going? I dont have $2500 for a lawyer retainer fee...someone please help me!!!