Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi Everyone! I'm brand new here. :)
We are adopting our son after fostering him for several years. We want to give updates and pictures but do not want to give out any of our personal information at this time. Has anyone used a website to keep contact private between bio and adoptive parents? We thought about using CaringBridge or something like it where information would be private and they would have to log in to see it. I know CaringBridge is more for updates on people that are dealing with illness, but was just an idea. Any thoughts?
Advertisements
Shutterfly's share sites work well for this. You can make the site private, add birth family as members, and they need to log in to see the site. I really like that I can look and see when they've last logged into the site.
Alternatively, you can get a po box. Thats also what we did because I have the shutterfly site set up so no comments can be made on the site.
Shutterfly is exactly what I was looking for. I made a share site yesterday and it is amazing! ;) Thanks, everyone, for your input! Looking forward to being an active member on here!
I'm going to have to check into the shutterfly sight. My fd's mom relinquished just this past week, but would like some contact. We did exchange email addresses, but somewhere I could share photos with her easier would be nice.
I used totsites dot com to make a site for my son, to share with his bio family. I like that it's private, can be password protected and i can share updates in a blog format along with videos and photos! I like that the website can be suited for all ages of kids too.
My child's birth family loves that they have this opportunity.
I can change the themes to fit holidays, birthdays, seasons, or whatever.
Advertisements
Just wondering if any of these websites prevent viewers from copying photographs and distributing them?
even if they have where you can't download or print, with computers having the "sniping" tool, they would still be able to get them if they wanted them. Found that out the hard way with clients "sniping" pics off the photo viewing site for my photo studio and printing them at home. (even had big watermark across center, they don't look great but some people don't care)
jlsc
Just wondering if any of these websites prevent viewers from copying photographs and distributing them?
This is something that many adoptive parents are concerned about and I don't understand why.
When I had kids, I posted pictures online, and my only regret is that I ever have their father's family links.
Now, I'm desperate just to get pictures of my kids, while their adoptive mother posts pictures I took in cute outfits I made without giving me credit.
One thing I have thought of which the adoptive mother is probably not tech savvy enough to realize is doing Google image searches to see if she's posted anywhere else. Don't send a bio parent a picture and post the same pic on Instagram if you don't want them finding your Instagram account, or whatever other site you use.
You can use google image search to see if the image appears other places on the internet. My plan is to set up a facebook "page" that is just for updates. They can like the page, and they can see the photos I chose to put on there and get updates. They cannot post to the page, so I won't have to deal with their rants, etc. but they can private message the page. I think it will work okay. And yes, there is always a way to get photos off the internet. Taking them with their own phone or screen shots. Just don't post many, only the ones you are okay with them having and sharing. You can't control what they do, but you can control what you give them to do with.
Advertisements