Advertisements
Advertisements
We are based in Oklahoma and have been working on this (foster care) adoption process since August of last year. Our homestudy was approved last month and we were told we would be staffed on Mothers day.
I was a tad proactive and asked to come in to their office to look at "the book". We came in the next week and looked through the book of two to three hundred children legally available for adoption in our state. We wrote down the names of the children we were interested in and it was given to our case worker. We waited a week and didn't hear any updates from our case worker.
I emailed her this morning and received word back that she submitted our homestudy to each child's caseworker. We wait and give them each about 30 days to mull over the information then make a decision. She said she will now watch their reports for our name on them..
Im a worrier. I worried whether our homestudy would be approved and it was. Now I am back to worrying about rejection and not finding a match. We have a 3 year old biological daughter and she started this by asking us for a sister. We have a neighbor that has four girls + one boy and our daughter watches them and longs for that bond that they have.
Anyone else in the same boat?
YES! We have submitted our homestudy for a sibling group of three in another state. It is so stressful! I did receive a email from their worker and I responded but we have heard notihng since. I even sent another email trying to explain what I meant because I'm sure I was totally emotional and didn't want to sound like a whacky LOL! Ill pray for you and PLEASE pray for us too:) I hope you hear something VERY SOON :laundry:
* Just realized you post was a few mts back.. hope you have a placement!!!
Advertisements