Advertisements
Advertisements
'No news is good news' definitely doesn't apply with Kaz, eh?! Has anyone heard any little tidbit? I did hear that state dept. was in contact with the family that is refusing to turn in PP reports and dept. said it should be resolved shortly! I'm hoping the state departments 'shortly' and my shortly are the same :-) I also heard that all the agency reps had a phone conference with some Kaz officials, but haven't heard what they told them, so not sure if that is verifiable or not! Does any else know anything about this?
Would love an update...where is everyone at by now in there process?
We are waiting on agency approval of HS draft and then ready to send for USCIS! Getting closer:dance:
hiya... I dont have much news. However, we had a good fingerprint experience in buffalo for uscis fingerints.
Patience is not my virtue...perseverence...and sarcasm are....
Hurry hurry..
Advertisements
Our dossier has been in Kaz since January, and it was translated in February. Last week Kaz requested us to submit an updated form for our dossier. Hopefully this is a good sign!
Oh ladies this is getting so close I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel!!!! :))
Our agency said the one family had their visit with SW May 25 and the other one is scheduled for tomorrow, so hopefully those reports will get written and sent over very shortly! Surely this will satisfy Kaz and they will announce an opening date!! Can hardly wait!!
Adrenaline is running high! HA
Advertisements
I just talked to our agency, she said that one report is currently being appostilled and will be sent off to the KAZ embassy, the other report they expect to have this week. She said both reports were good and Kaz shouldn't have anything to worry about and she felt that they would reopen soon and not just sit on the reports!
Hrhpam, I'm curious, are you in the States? Because I thought they weren't accepting any dossiers yet.
So close!
Tantzevat yes we are in the States. We completed our home study before Kaz suspended adoptions. In January we submitted our dossier when our agency thought the program would reopen. We hope we will be one of the first ones in the US to get a referral once the program reopens!
So, how are we doing this week gang? We are still waiting for i800 to come back. Also, waitin for an update on situation in Kaz from our agency.
Any news on your front?
:arrow:
Recent news article from Kaz. I hope this is only because they have not yet received the home studies from the two families.
[url=http://en.tengrinews.kz/people/Americans-banned-from-adopting-children-from-Kazakhstan-20163/]Americans banned from adopting children from Kazakhstan. People. Tengrinews.kz[/url]
Advertisements
Sorry I meant to say post adoption reports, not home studies.
hrhpam
Recent news article from Kaz. I hope this is only because they have not yet received the home studies from the two families.
[url=http://en.tengrinews.kz/people/Americans-banned-from-adopting-children-from-Kazakhstan-20163/]Americans banned from adopting children from Kazakhstan. People. Tengrinews.kz[/url]
I've also read that article in several different places all basically saying the same thing, but I don't believe it's very current!
I received this the other day from an agency so thought I'd pass it along...sounds like progress to me :-)
Again we have good news of the progress in Kazakhstan. The US State Department has a new representative in the Kazakhstan Adoption Unit in DC. We have enjoyed working with him and he seems truly engaged into the issues at hand.
There were some post adoption reports in question for two families that had children adopted and placed temporarily at the ranch in Montana. Those families now agreed to be visited and have their post adoption reports finalized. This was a huge hurdle.
Now we are working with the US State Department to see how the reports should be sent to Kazakhstan, through which official channels. Once this is done, they will arrive to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and we will wait for their response.
In anticipation we have been given a go ahead from Kazakhstan to start the dossier process again. You will be contacted individually to start your dossiers. If your own process is on hold or if you are moving this summer or soon, you probably need to wait until you are in your new home to start. We have several families moving.
Sigh.. I talked to my agency today, and my SW seemed very glum about the process.
I wish they would open soon. I survived the drama of the Russian stuff last holiday season, and would really like to see some forward momentum.
HUGS to all...
Advertisements
Halcyon, I heard from our agency that one report has been filed and the other is expected any day-which seems positive-what did you hear to make you think we're still waiting a long time? :(