Advertisements
Advertisements
So we have fostered for 12 years and have had over 50 kids in our home. We closed our home exactly one year ago. Our last fd we had lived with us for almost 2yrs and we love her so much. Well today someone knocks on my door. My dh is off and answers. My oldest runs to me says mom Curly's old gal is here. I said What and walk really fast to the door. Well I got a new phone and number two weeks ago and he has been trying to get a hold of us, so he drove an hour to our home to talk to us. Curly is back in foster care and they want to know if we can take her. Well yeah we wanted to adopt her and we still will if that is the case. Problem we are no longer foster parents. Well they will try to move her as kinship if judge agrees. We should know by tue or wed. Oh please pray they do. She has been gone for a year, but we kept in touch with mom and I talked to her few months ago. She is like family and we will do anything to have her back.
Advertisements
How old is Curly? How long did you have her? Too bad that you are not able to foster her or get relicensed.
Advertisements
That is an amazing GAL who actually cares about what is in kiddo's best interest. That is an amazing blessing.
I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you!
Wow, what a wonderful surprise! If a GAL is willing to drive an hour in hopes that you will be home, then I cannot imagine what would keep you guys from getting fast tracked through the process. Good luck!
shycar
So we have fostered for 12 years and have had over 50 kids in our home. We closed our home exactly one year ago. Our last fd we had lived with us for almost 2yrs and we love her so much. Well today someone knocks on my door. My dh is off and answers. My oldest runs to me says mom Curly's old gal is here. I said What and walk really fast to the door. Well I got a new phone and number two weeks ago and he has been trying to get a hold of us, so he drove an hour to our home to talk to us. Curly is back in foster care and they want to know if we can take her. Well yeah we wanted to adopt her and we still will if that is the case. Problem we are no longer foster parents. Well they will try to move her as kinship if judge agrees. We should know by tue or wed. Oh please pray they do. She has been gone for a year, but we kept in touch with mom and I talked to her few months ago. She is like family and we will do anything to have her back.
PRAYING! Keep us posted! Wow...I bet Wednesday feels like forever away! But, amazing he went to all of the trouble to come out to talk to you!!
Curly is 3 1/2. She was with us almost 2 years. We can relisence, but that can take months and they want to move her asap. We already called our agency and they are finding out if there is a way to move quicker getting our re-lisenced. If she can come as kinship then we dont have to wait to get relisenced.
Advertisements
You are in my prayers. Hopefully she will be moved soon. The GAL coming in an hour is a GREAT sign!! I cannot imagine the excitement buzz in your home right now!
I think you want to be relicensed so everything is covered though right? Hopefully your agency can do something quickly! Wow, having her that long and she RU'd must have been so painful. I hope she's back forever!
I'm pretty sure they will let her come back while you're getting relicensed....afterall, you were FPS for 12 yrs. That says a lot!!
I bet since the GAL drove out there that the recommendation will be in your favor!!! Lol
Good luck!
Agreed. If the GAL made that kind of effort to reach you, he/she must strongly feel there is a way they/you can arrange to take her back in. I know of a number of kinship placements that were able to take in the child while they take classes. I'd think they would place her with you and just ask you to start classes again. I know this isn't kinship, but 2yrs of her being in your care is pretty darn close.
You HAVE to let us know what happens this week. I hope with all my heart you get to take her back.
Advertisements
Hope the kinship angle works out for you right away. IMO, it's amazing, and both a kind and just thing to recognize you as kin... because of course, you are.