Advertisements
Advertisements
Good afternoon,
My wife and I live in NC and we are in the process of adopting kids from Utah. The ICPC has been signed and just waiting for it to get from NC to Utah. We were asked by the caseworker in Utah what we would want to look for in a subsidy. We are looking for information on what should we be asking for? What do subsidies cover? etc.
Any help/advice that you can give us would be greatly appreciated.
Day to day living expenses. It also depends on any medical and behavioral problems. My oldest came from an RTC and needed more care so I got the highest rate with him. L, his bio brother, had minimal behavioral problems even though he's developmentally delayed.
Advertisements
I agree with Millie. Also, don't forget about summer camps, respite, care after school (if you both work), extracurricular activities. Medicaid should cover a lot of the medical expenses.
parenting's right about medicaid covering medical expenses. Although where i am, medicaid tends to be nit-picky about what is covered.
Haliwa: do you know of any ongoing behavioural or developmental problems?
Thanks for the replies.
What kind of day to day living expenses do we need to ask for?
They all have FAS exposure.
They all have IEP's.
They will need to be in therapy for the following:
• ADHD
• Neglect
• Trama (PTSD)
• Abuse
• Attachment Disorders
These are some of the things that we have asked for with the subsidy I don't know if we are asking for the right things
• Taking the girls out annually to the Shoshone-Bannock Pow-Wow (so they can maintain contact with their tribe, their heritage and their culture)
• Counseling/Therapy
• Educational Games/Tutorials
• Summer Educational Camps
• Extracurricular activities (Dance, Karate, Horseback)
If you know of what else i need to ask for please let me know.
That sounds about right. Does your state have levels of care? There's a site: nacac.com, I think that lists the states with their rates. someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Advertisements