Advertisements
Advertisements
I hope I am in the right section. Short version of a long story. I had to adopt my nieces, one was 4 and the other was 8 when the case started, now 6 and 10, the parents dependency case that is. it went on for the better part of two years, the father in and out of prison and mother as well, both had, & still have lots drug and theft felonies on their records. He is still in prison in south Florida she is on 10 years house arrest on one case still facing three more which will put her in prison within a year or two. The dependency case was closed after they were given two extensions to try again and failed miserably. It was hard to watch family go through this but we had to do whatҒs best for the kids whom cant take care of themselves. TPR/advisory hearings, three I think it took. To ensure they had ample chance to be there. They were served for all there, never showed for one of them. They just stayed home. mother came in at the MBI hearing like two months later & said I wanna appeal, judge and dcf attorney and her own attorney did sidebar, came back and said in Florida thereҒs only a few, very few reasons you can even ask to appeal and you don't fall into anyone of them. Then he told her that the time frame to appeal is 30 days anyway which was over. Her attorney took her out in hallway where she told her that you had tons of chances and she was so high anyway when she came, last ditch effort. Anyway we went forward with the adoption. There was other family members on the other side threw the whole case that made it hell on us. Called dcf with sexual complaints, tons of calls and complaints to the point dcf told them they file a false complaint again they will prosecute. Never happened again yet, knock on wood. After the adoption all their visitations was cut out for lots of good reason, but backed by the girls therapist and by our therapist and both are adoption therapists so. The other girl had to go to CA with her dad, she had a different dad and we tried we begged for him to let her stay but he didn't. We have good visitation schedule all summer and all Xmas and as much talk email fax internet we can. So itҒs ok so long as she sees her sister and shes doing ok there.]
Now the birthmom has filed a parent and timesharing paperwork, PROSE I might add. Kinda funny, she has her listed as mother and me and my husband listed as father. She has her as mother and sheҒs not, our names are on BC. She has our daughters name listed wrong its now our last name, long and short of it is that we could dismiss it on that alone its filled wrong. In their it asks about cases that would effect judgeҒs decision she put none? Theres tons all his and her felonyҒs, we listed them all, she left out her husband is in jail also, wont look good. anyhow we filled and answer and are waiting to hear if heҒs even going to have a hearing to tell her this is not how it works an appeal is what it takes not a mtion and you cant anyway, its been too long. or is he just going to send her a letter saying this isn't proper form and needs to be appealed WHICH IS TO LATE YADA YADA YADA? THE FOLKS IN FS SAY HE WONT EVEN HERE IT. ONCE HE SEES THE CHILD HAS been adopted already a year ago heҒs going to deny it right off. Mind you the judge this paper was assigned to is the same judge that did our adoption. He remembers all his adoptions. but its been over a month and the ja wonҒt call us back, family service only tells us what the ja tells them and nothings been said. Still shows response filed and that's it. Its killing me, we are in process of moving to? CA to be with her sister again in same school zone and with my family also. But don't wanna move if he decides to have a hearing. Everyone says he wont. the few that say he may say only to tell her, itҒs too late, she didn't even then qualify and with that and time frame to bad. And to stop harassing the new parents. Their grandparents showed up at my daughters gymnastics and tried to take her. the teachers all knew that they are no longer allowed to see her in fact there is a 500 foot no contact of any type order against them for her cause they tried to take her from a park during a scheduled dcf visit so the judge said no more, you cant come within 500 feet or even make an attempt to contact her in ANY way at all. Cops wouldnҒt arrest them saying there old give them a break, I said a break they just almost took my daughter. They even told the cops the car was packed and they were moving back to TX with her. Still did nothing.
All that said
Anyone went through this?
Anyone had anything, like custody fight, some timesharing thing they filled or even an appeal which this isnt but? Filed after timeframe has run out and that they didn't qualify for it even then and had it heard by a judge and worst changed? IsnҒt it a 10000? Appeal fee? But too late?
Has anyone had a judge a year after the adoption been forced to allow BP or GBP to have or get visitation? There therapists are 100% against it. Even dcf and adoption case worker said we cant help you now heҒs your son, get your own attorney, which I didnt since IҒve been a LOE and know family law well, less it gets bad then ill call my Family Law attorney on retainer, but they said they will testify if need be as to why were/are against it if he even heres the case but he wont? Or will he?
I just want some ideas from some whoҒve been through this type court this late in the game after the adoptions been over for a year now. Does the BP have the right to make us see them, or the BGP even? Will the judge even here this...any ideas or results from your all hearings either way please, were a nervous wreck. My husband doesnt even sleep waiting to hear from the courts If they are going to have it or not.
:grr: :confused: :thanks: