Advertisements
Advertisements
please do, Boys..been waiting for an update from ya
I'm going to try to PM you later today and ask about Buddy. Don't you have court soon?
Advertisements
We have a clothes issue too - our 8 year old FD and her 15 month old sister see their mom twice during the week and twice on weekends and they often change their clothes and send them home in ill fitting, cigarette-smelling outfits. They also often send BAGS of clothes that are the wrong size. Like adult size medium, winter clothes in May. Who is that for? Or a 3T bathing suit. The girls are 8 (in a size 10/12) and 15 months (wearing a size 18mont/2T). Insane.
But the worst is our 8 year old FD only has about 3 pairs of shorts b/c she has been peeing her pants at least once a day (for 4 months, sigh) and the mom changes her clothes and keeps her shorts. Maybe to wash them but she has never given them back to us - and now we have to ask for them back because I am not buying all new shorts just for the mom to keep again.
My bio parents steal the clothes I send on visits. I pack extra in case of accidents. Just the other day, my little princess tells me how her mom bought her this dress. It was the dress I had bought for her that mom took on a visit then later brought to another visit and told her she bought it. Mom even had the audacity to ask once for the clothes the kids came into care with and their underwear. They were stained, but I washed and returned them. When I pack snacks for the visits, the parents eat my food too. It is frustrating because it is expensive taking care of four kids.
Same thing happens to us. We send clothes (even if its not an overnight, they are toilet training, so we send spares) and they wear appropriate clothing for whatever they are doing, and they come back in dirty thrift store leftovers that dont fit well and are out of season.
I think in our case its mom adjusting to the fact that she has missed out on a lot. Yes, that stained, short sleeve sponge bob shirt was his favorite shirt when he lived with you 8 months ago, but now he is two sizes bigger and its snowing!
Mom and her family are heavy smokers ("but never around the kids") so clothes go straight into the washer and kids go into the tub when they get home because I am so allergic to the smoke residue. We sharpie their initials on the tags of anything that comes home with them and we put it in a box of things to go home. Its not too difficult to keep up with. Now that mom is setting up her apartment for RU we send all that stuff home with them so she can start setting up their closest with the clothes the she clearly likes for them.
Just keep doing what your doing. Send a spare, don't worry if they don't use your stuff, and occasionally send him back to a visit in something they gave him.
Advertisements