Advertisements
Advertisements
I have a 1 year old son with my wife. And before she had my son she had a daughter from her previous marriage. Who was just barely over 2 when we got together. Her bio father hasn't seen her since she was around 13 months. He makes no effort to contact her. After about the second month I was with her mother she started calling me dad. Her mother was unsure on how I would take that given the fact that at the time I had no children. I saw it as a great thing. I know she was going to daycare and seeing other dads with her friends and she was trying to fill that void in her life. Plus I knew from the start her mother and I would be together for a long time. So now we fast forward about 2 and a half years. She now has her half brother that she loves. And she's getting ready to start school this fall. I would like to adopt her now for multiple reasons. The main reason is I love her as my own and her father contributes no help. I have supported her for so long that I couldn't imagine my life without her in it. And if god forbid something happens to my wife I wouldn't want her to be separated from her brother because I didn't have rights to her. I also want her to have my last name so that she's not an outsider so to speak due to her brother and mother having my last name. Sorry for the length in this post. Any help or direction anyone can steer me in would be greatly appreciated. Also we live in va but her father is somewhere in WV if that maters. Thanks in advance.