Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi,
Has any AA adoptive parents adopted children other than AA? My Dh and I are considering and looking for other AA couples who have.
Thanks,
My youngest daughter is Vietnamese. My oldest daughter is biracial. I fostered a little girl who was white/Jewish/Mexican.
In my adoptions, I'm always open to ethnicity.
Advertisements
My DD is biracial and very CC looking. We kept waiting for her to get darker because of bdad skin tone and she just didn't. :)
My DD is AA and Asian. It really depends on the age range you are seeking and whether it is domestic or international. In most cases children who are AA or part AA will be available first in this country. For foster care adoptions they prefer you to be open on race so they can place children that need homes.
Thanks everyone. We are FC so we are looking @ expanding our criteria. Unfortunately there's a significant % of AA in FC but only a small % are adopted due to various reasons.
Are you doing straight adoption or foster to adopt? If you are fostering it probably won't matter what criteria you select because they will ignore it. We were open to ages newborn to 4 but got calls for newborn to 17. The CW couldn't automatically divulge race during the call. We had to ask specifically about the race of the child and then she could answer.
Advertisements