Advertisements
Advertisements
This is chaos. I'm 29 and my husband is 30. Married for over 2 years, great jobs and nice house...anyways, My younger bro has 3 kids (2nd one is to a girl who has 3 kids - one my brothers) got that?
The girl is pregnant with her 4th baby. My mom knows my husband and I have been trying for over a year and have been thinking about adoption. The girl called my mom and cried that she's pregnant and doesn't know what to do. My mom mentioned that we're looking. The girl and her boyfriend really want my husband and I to adopt...open adoption. I'm worried that my family would be involved (they look after my brothers kid to her alot) more than i'd like. I'd love for them to be involved but I'm not sure. Plus, If i adopted the kid it would be stepbrother AND cousin to my brother and her child. Weird.
We literally JUST started to try again, 3 days ago, because adoption was getting pricey. My husband doesn't want to answer yes or no yet...neither do I but I need advice. Keep trying and let this option pass and keep trying OR keep trying and maybe adopt? Any ideas or opinions are appreciated!
I think it comes down to your family dynamics. Will they let you parent as you see fit? Or will they keep butting in or throwing it in your face that they are the bio-parents, so you should be grateful or defer to them?
Advertisements