Advertisements
Advertisements
Adoption is a beautiful way to form or add to a family. I became interested in studying adoption after realizing that I had a personal interest in adopting a child in my future. I am a PhD student at Virginia Tech specializing in adoption research. I hope that through my academic research I can create more awareness about adoption and how external family members and social support systems can better aid adoptive families.
I would love to have the opportunity to casually interview adoptive parents who meet the participant criteria below. Interviews can be done over the phone at your convenience.
1. Did you and/or your partner adopt a child who is not biologically related to either of you?
2. Has the child lived with his/her adoptive family for at least 2 years and is still under the age of 18?
3. Was at least one grandparent alive during the first 2 years post adoption?
My dissertation research seeks to study adoptive parents experiences of support they perceive and receive from their mother, father, mother-in-law, and father-in-law (the adopted child(ren)Ғs non-biological grandparents).
This research study is being conducted to gather information to complete a doctoral dissertation in the Sociology Department at Virginia Tech.
All information you provide is completely confidential and your real names will not be used in the final document.
Your assistance is greatly appreciated! Let me know if you have any questions.
My email address is jensayre@vt.edu
Sincerely,
Jennifer Sayre, ABD