Advertisements
Advertisements
Mimi,
I hope this finds you well. I don't think she did any harm. If your daughter said no, then that needed to be respected. Most folks get curious when they get older. I think when she is older the channels of communication should be open, but that is just my opinion. If anything she will love and respect you for loving her enough to be honest.
Much joy is found when a family can expand itself. When mom's decide to give their children up for adoption that's a painful decision for most. They are trusting you and sharing with you the most precious thing they have to offer, a life. they prayed and entrusted that their child would go to someone who would love them, nurture them, and care for them as if they were their very own. And I'm certain some where in there they also hope that you would be kind enough to let them know that their child is okay, in good health, and that someday they may even get even a glimps at a photo if nothing else at all.
Sometimes the smallest thing is the world to the next person.
I have a grandson I am looking for. Desperately. I only pray I get to see him even once. I'd be so forever greatful. To know he's in good hands, safe, healthy and happy. I pray I get to talk to him someday. Not to take him out of his environment or who he knows as his family, but to let him know that his family is much bigger than he could imagine that that there is so much love, not just for him, but also for the parents, his adoptive "Mom'" and "Dad" who love him so very much, that they'd consider to share a glimpse of him with me.
My Son also has a half Sister, I'd love nothing more than to see them meet sometime. Her father's mother is quite up there in age and I know she'd like the piece of mind to know she's okay and even for the small chance to meet her or know what she looks like. I know it's taken a toll on her natural mother.
So often folks are told horrific stories, my Son's half Sister's mother seemed like the usual teenager who fell in love and got caught up too fast. I'm more than certain if she had to make those choices all over, they would be different. She is a very successful woman, but also very broken hearted and has searched for her daughter most of her life.
Not always are we at our best, that doesn't mean that God isn't done with us.I try to keep that in mind. We never really know the situation or why the situation occurred. But I know one thing. If a parent is looking, I guarantee they've lost a lot of sleep, and would move heaven and earth, just to know & just to have a glimpse.
From a child's perspective... Wanting to know what happened. Most children would feel like they weren't wanted, in most cases that is the furthest from the truth. Maybe not in all, but most. Maybe the mom and dad were too young, not married, talked into it for financial reasons and the sort. But as a child I would want to know that. What happened. I would want photo's, I would want to know if I had any siblings. Like I said, sometimes the little things mean the world. Just to know.
I honestly hope this helps you sort it out. I've always been honest with my children, it's earned me a great deal of respect. I wouldn't have done it any other way. I wish you peace and happiness.
Advertisements