Advertisements
Advertisements
Good news being considered for infant, was told by sw that our home study was being sent Over to matching committee and we would be notified in 1-2 weeks if we were chosen. They meet every so often on all the kids not just one or two. So in the mean time does anyone know or has gone through what the matching committee is looking for??! In a family ?? What do they look for or consider ?? Thanks a bunch!!
Id Love to give you an answer KD, but the committee's process is kind of a mystery. I first time we heard we were being considered we were pretty excited and had pretty much the same questions, so we asked our SW. The answer we got was pretty vague, "It depends on the child". After we were passed up for that placement we asked as for the reason and got "nothing in particular, just a better suited family was chosen". I've asked about the makeup of the committee and have not been able to get a solid answer either. Are they all SW's? Are they the same people each time? when questions or "problems" in our home study were mentioned, were they brought up by the same person/s? Each time I would ask, I'd get a non committal answer. We were told not to expect much in the first year (which leads me to doubt the first statement of "it depends on the child").
So, my advice would be this... don't get discouraged if your not placed and ask for a reason why you were not chosen if that is the case. Hang in there.
Advertisements