Advertisements
Advertisements
So basically, when bio was denied parole the judge said that TPR needs to be filed...right now TPR is set for end of August.
So I get a call from Niece's caseworker saying Bio is wanting a FTM BUT only DH can attend.
I asked if she's allowed to do that and the CW said yes. I got an email today saying she followed up with her supervisor who confirmed that parents can exclude FPs from the meeting if they want. She suggested that I make sure that DH and I discuss in depth our positions on open adoption and anything else we thing we might need to discuss so "my voice can be heard."
DH said he'll go but refuse to discuss anything regarding post adoptive contact, etc...but it frankly ticks me off. She's my daughter, I'M her primary care giver, I'm home with her all day, I'm the one she trusts, I'm the one who will have to deal with any post adoptive contact (DH works 60 hrs/week)...but I'm the one being specifically excluded. 1st of all, I think the meeting is a waste of time, 2nd I think that they are going to try to convince my husband to agree to an open adoption in exchange for her relinquishing her rights and that's just not going to happen.
IDK why my agency believes DH and I are going to allow this woman to divide and concur us...to save them some work in regards to TPR. :hissy: :hissy: :hissy: