Advertisements
Advertisements
Wanted to introduce myself. My name is Sara and I was born in Philadelphia, PA on August 14, 1970. I just found out today that my birth mothers first name was Joan. She was 21 years old when I was born. She was of Russian/Irish American descent with blonde hair, blue eyes (she wore glasses), a fair complexion, 5Ғ5 tall and 110 pounds. She worked as a secretary in a law office. She was Roman Catholic, in good health; only had childhood diseases (measles, mumps, and chicken pox). She was the second of four (two brothers 23 & 14 and one sister 12). Joan was single, never married and had no other children. During her pregnancy she lived with an aunt. She enjoyed art, outdoor sports and horse back riding.
Her parents, John and Margaret were 54 and 53 respectively. John was a high school graduate, retired from the military and he was a tax collector. He was Russian American. Margaret was a business school graduate and worked as a school secretary, and was Irish American. According to the file, John was away from home often during Joan's childhood. When he was home he was very strict.
Joan was not very close to her mother, which was the reason for moving in with her aunt. Her parents were willing to put aside their differences with her and visited her frequently during her confinement at Saint VincentԒs Home for Unwed Mothers.
My birth father was described as white, unmarried and 24 years old. He was of Irish descent, 510Ҕ tall, 160-165 lbs, had dark brown hair and hazel eyes. He was a high school graduate, who worked as a carpenter, and was attending school for interior design. Both his parents were Irish and in their late forties. His father worked for a beer distributor. He was the oldest of five children. *No names or addresses for my birth father were entered into the file. According to the file, he and Joan were going steady for a year when she became pregnant. Joan said that the subject of marriage never was discussed.
Lastly, Joan named me Jenny Rebecca, and I was baptized on August 19th, 1970.
Can you send me your last name on the birth certificate (mother's maiden name) I will certainly dig around and see what I can find for you.
Advertisements
I actually never had a name, let alone a last name and only recently found out the first name.
I posted my info to another board and someone there was able to get me the rest of my information. I am now making a plan for contact, but she's been found! :)
Thank you.