Advertisements
Advertisements
Day 1: Birth mother was bailed out of jail by birth father. (She has a pending trial for drugs in 2 weeks! And could possibly get more time in jail due to her very long history of drugs) BF also has a pending trial but I dont think he will serve any time for his but one never really knows!
Day 2: BM posted on FB for the first time since she was 7 months pregnant bc she was in jail the rest of that time until after the baby was 2 1/1 months old, that she was so thankful to the ғhigher power for her beautiful baby girls. As well as about 10 pictures that we had sent to the BF since he is our relative prompting her ԓfriends to ask questions and congratulate them. Those that know her story, knows the truth and have contacted us in bafflement.
Day 3: She is answering questions on FB about how the baby is doing great and is healthy, etc.
She is pretending and living in a fantasy land acting like she has the baby and telling everyone how wonderful and healthy the baby is. I SO badly want to scream SHE WOULDNԒT KNOW! The only time she has seen the baby was during court while she was handcuffed. The baby is doing better but does have several health issues due to HER drug usage!
Day 4: Neither parent has made any contact with us to see how the baby is doing or make arrangements to come see her! While I am thankful that they havent made any contact, it still makes me very angry how she pretends that life is grand while IҒm sitting her stressed out to the max and worrying that somehow they will be seen as fit parents and return the child to them. (let me also mention 2 babies have passed away due to the mothers neglect and one toddler was taken away and then the bios signed over their rights bc they didnҒt want to do all that the state required to get her back so she now lives with the BMs relative) In court all I ever heard was ғcan you bail me out and how she ԓdoesnt understand why the baby has health issuesҔ. REALLY?!?! And when she gets out that she is going to take her back and make up for the time she lost with her bc mommy didnӒt really do anything wrong. NEVER said was I am so sorry for doing this to you! SO, AGAIN I SAY: HAVING TWO CRACK PIPES AND A WEED GRINDER AND PILLS IN YOUR PURSE, IN YOUR TRUCK, IS SOMEONE ELSEԒS FAULT? NOT ONCE DURING PREGNANCY BUT TWICE?!?! SERIOUSLY?!?!
Any advice is much appreciated! I have prayers covered but I would love for anyone who would to add us to their prayers!
Just needing to vent,:hissy:
Buttercups loving mommy!
I just seen your post, and I am a little late. But, we can relate. My wife and I are just amazed what bio parents will post on FB. Bio parents that have drug addiction, criminal, and past issues with CPS will always post lies, and inflated families happiness. Most of the time their FB friends are in the same situation or similar histories if you were to look closer; FB is their fantasy world and connection to others like them. They are all professional mommyҒs; all the bio parents we ever met were always in denial about any symptoms concerning their children; if they did, it would be like them accepting responsibility for their actions, and most of them will not. Some counties and states are insane about unification, even if it goes against any Common Sense. Your story is like many, including ours. Good Luck! If you have any updates, please post them҅
Attended Foster Care Orientation 11/19/2010
Application submitted 11/21/2010
State foster home application accepted 3/1/2011
Medical Physicals 2/2011
County Interviews 3/2011
Classes start & finished 4/14/2011-6/23/2011
First Aide classes 6/30/2011
Passed Home Inspection (State) 11/02/2011
Live scans; county and state: started 4/26/2011 finally ended 9/2011
Due to Riverside County misplacing or not transmitting prints
First half of our Home study completed 12/22/2011
Second half of our Home study completed 01/ 05/2012
FINALLY APPROVED and officially on waiting list 05/08/2012 due to
under staffing at Riverside County.
First placement: 6/10/2012 until 8/01/2012; we miss them so much.
Second match 12/02/12: sibling set boy and a girl; a family aunt was targeted one day after being matched.
Third match 02/15/13: little boy; again within an hour of being matched a family member came forward.
Fourth match 03/02/13: Emom chose us to adopter her child after birth; two weeks before due date Emom vanishes. Riverside County does nothing, and places us back on waiting list.
Fifth match 06/5/13: We go concurrent, a newborn baby girl; picked her up directly from the hospital.
Advertisements
my husband works with addicts (in a treatment setting) and they have a saying that the reason addicts act so immature is because they stop their emotional growth at the age they begin their addiction. My kids bios act lie teenagers because they started doing drugs around age 14. They are older than I am and are completely helpless. The mom sounds like she is acting about 13 and pretending on FB because she likes the attention she is getting for having a baby.
You have every right to be angry because her behavior is completely inappropriate. Thank goodness you have this child instead of the parents who are more worried about getting their egos fed than the wellbeing of their child
shazwott...that is a very interesting name.
I never thought of it in the way of drugs vs. mentality but that couldn't be farther from the truth with every one that I have deal with.
I am very familiar with dealing with addictions but until Buttercup I hadn't had to deal with parenting with addicts. My husband ex-wife isnt an addict but she might as well be since they have VERY similiar thinking. (shame on me! but the truth is the truth) I have been fairly busy with raising my bios at the ages of 10 and 14 and then a newborn/7month old now. whew..I will post an update in just a few moments.
shazwott...that is a very interesting name.
I never thought of it in the way of drugs vs. mentality but that couldn't be farther from the truth with every one that I have deal with.
I am very familiar with dealing with addictions but until Buttercup I hadn't had to deal with parenting with addicts. My husband ex-wife isnt an addict but she might as well be since they have VERY similiar thinking. (shame on me! but the truth is the truth) I have been fairly busy with raising my bios at the ages of 10 and 14 and then a newborn/7month old now. whew..I will post an update in just a few moments.:woohoo: