Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Thread: NBC - Rehoming
This is the part that is misunderstood. The parents cannot go back to their agencies to get help of have the child placed in a new family. I use to field calls from parents and the first thing they did was call the agency in search of help. The agencies tell them, "We've never had that complaint before." I do believe there needs to be a change is that area where they could get help.
And while their are children re-homed, or placed for adoption through these internet groups, most of the parents do the adoptions legally. They hire lawyers, they get home studies, they follow the ICPC laws and the adoptions are legally done through the court. There are no good ways to find parents for older children. It's sad that their needs to be.
I would rather see children re-homed then left in families that cannot take care of them or have them stuck in residential facilities when often times, a different family that is educated in trauma and prepared with the knowledge of the behaviors can take them in and give them a chance to be children.
But there will always be people who work around the law, who abuse and prey on children.
I would like to see changes in education for those adopting internationally. I'd like to see good post adoption services in place for people to get help after finalization before the family decides they just cannot parent anymore. There does need to be a better way.