Advertisements
Advertisements
I am a single parent, work full time, at least 10 hrs of overtime a week, and have to travel on occasion. I currently have 3 kiddos with me....a 8 year old boy, a 5 year old girl and an 11 mo old girl!!! It was crazy at first going from single to 3 but I got the hang of it now
School age kiddos have to do before and after school care done on site at the school which is nice and baby is at a daycare that is open from 530 am to 12 midnight.....holy crap!!! and we get to choose any 10 hours and allow you to do overtime hours if needed
I use respite for weekends I have to work, travel to MI to visit family monthly sometimes 2 times a month and have no real support system as far as other family here in KY. For days where kids have no school, I take vacation days for until I run out and then I just dont get payed after that.
My boss is also a foster parent and we did the training together so that is nice since he knows. I am able to adjust schedule if needed and do any appts I might need.
Advertisements
wondering10
Is there anyone here who is a single foster parent AND works full-time (either running a business/telecommuting or working outside the home)? How many foster kids do you have/feel comfortable having?
I'm not a foster parent, but I want to become one down the road, maybe 5-7 years. I'm trying to start my own business and save for a house, so it'll be awhile. Anyway, I've always wanted to have a big family, so I'm just curious as to what you single foster parents feel is "doable".
I'm a single mom. I work full time outside the home. I have two daughters that I've adopted. I've had as many as 3 foster children at a time. At one point, my kids were 1, 2, 3, 4 and 9. That was hard. Getting back and forth to the car was hard. I never had enough hands.
I usually have at least 2 foster children at a time, though.