Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Wow, I can't imagine ever having nine, and I can't believe how many of you have five or six!
I like to think that I could have lots of foster kids, but I guess it's not really that realistic. I'm not counting on having any support, unless there's an emergency or something. I don't drive, either, so that would complicate things.
The day-to-day stuff doesn't phase me a bit (I know, I say that now, right?), but transporting everyone to visits, court, appointments, etc... does, but I'm thinking it wouldn't be so bad if everyone were siblings. That way I'd only have to worry about one set of visits and court dates. So I'm thinking I'd be fine with either just one child at a time or one sibling group at a time.
As for the ages, I think I'd be open to pretty much all ages, from infants to teens. Okay, well maybe only up to 13 or 15. Even in 5-7 years I'll still be pretty young, and I don't want to feel like I'm in the same generation as my foster kids.
Thanks to everyone for helping me think through this. I know I'm still quite a ways off from needing to make a decision, but I figure it's never too early to start preliminary planning :)