Advertisements
Advertisements
Hello! I only have non-identifying info...paid $150 for it and $700 to search for BMom. That is ridiculous! Anyway, my BFather is not from New York that I know of. My AFather moved there while I was adopted from MN, for internship and then we moved back to MN when I was 3 years old. BMom would not give any info about BFather (too painful to discuss she told case worker - tho do not think anything horrific like rape happened because he went to the hospital to see me when I was born). Also, was told he was not named on original birth certificate. I did register with International Soundex Registry, among others.
Advertisements
If you don't know his name, and the birth "mother" refuses to tell you this info you have the right to know, and his name was never on a birth certificate --- I don't see any possibility of you finding him.
The only way would be if he knew the date of birth/etc. and chooses to search registries.
Ready4BMom, here is a long shot to try to help you identify your b-father.
In the final adoption hearing, (records are held in the county where the final adoption took place) there is a record called the Adoption Decree.
If the b-mom named the b-father, this will be listed on the adoption decree.
However, if the state has closed records, this could be considered identifying info, and withheld.
My suggestion is to see what information the court is holding from the time of the final adoption hearing to the present.
Contact with the Clerk of that Orphans, or Court of Common Pleas, will help you discover if it is possible for you to get an Adoption Decree. The key is whether or not b-mom named the b-father as a part of the adoption.
I wish you the best.
Ready4BMom, here is a long shot to try to help you identify your b-father.
In the final adoption hearing, (records are held in the county where the final adoption took place) there is a record called the Adoption Decree.
If the b-mom named the b-father, this will be listed on the adoption decree.
However, if the state has closed records, this could be considered identifying info, and withheld.
My suggestion is to see what information the court is holding from the time of the final adoption hearing to the present.
Contact with the Clerk of that Orphans, or Court of Common Pleas, will help you discover if it is possible for you to get an Adoption Decree. The key is whether or not b-mom named the b-father as a part of the adoption.
I wish you the best.
I am trying to find my bdad too. I finally had my autosomal DNA run. It's been fun & frustrating. So far I haven't found my bdad but I there have been quite a few 'posts' from people who have found their bfamily through this DNA.
I'm hopeful that someday I'll open my computer & have a message that a close relative has been found.
This may be another option if all else fails.
Advertisements
Drywall...unfortunately, I was told by the LSS Caseworker that my BFather was not named on the OBC. Petitioning or other would not be helpful in my case, but may be for others.
I am down to DNA testing and working to help with legislation in MN, to make sure adoptees have the same right as other - our OBC we should be entitled to.
Snuffie - who did you go through for your Autosomal DNA Run?
I truly appreciate the support and
helping keep me motivated to move forward...kind of a kick in the tush, when life gets so busy.
Thanks Drywall and Snuffie!!!
Drywall...unfortunately, I was told by the LSS Caseworker that my BFather was not named on the OBC. Petitioning or other would not be helpful in my case, but may be for others.
I am down to DNA testing and working to help with legislation in MN, to make sure adoptees have the same right as other - our OBC we should be entitled to.
Snuffie - who did you go through for your Autosomal DNA Run?
I truly appreciate the support and
helping keep me motivated to move forward...kind of a kick in the tush, when life gets so busy.
Thanks Drywall and Snuffie!!!
Take an AncestryDNA test then search through your matches to piece together a family tree. Upload your DNA to GEDMatch and MyHeritage to find other matches. Look up shared cM of DNA and draw out a family tree.
Keep in mind that the man could be a truly heartless jerk. He could also be decent. Or perhaps he won't even bother to respond to you. Consider her reasons when searching.