Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
I can't see how this girl would live independently with this dog in the picture. Roommates would throw her out and landlords wouldn't take kindly to a dog that pees on and humps everything. This dog either needs to go to an intense training place to fix these behaviors (doggy boot camp, they exist but are pricey!) or should "run away" while your daughter is at school. A real service dog or certified companion animal just can't have this temperament. Try googling for service animals for the mentally ill. I'm looking into 4pawsforability.org for my son's autism and epilepsy as well as his anxiety. They don't charge as much as some and have a good reputation. Your daughter may be too old for their services but I'm sure if you contact them they'd have ideas of agencies who could help her with a service animal. Getting a real service dog is a long process and your daughter will need to participate in some pretty intense training to become a certified handler, and in most cases you'll need to be there with her at the training site. It's worth it though! I realize losing this dog could create havoc for her emotionally and possibly result in violence and escalating chaos but it really doesn't sound like keeping it is a long-term option.