Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
This will be a service dog. We received paperwork approving her of a service dog and are working with a trainer of service dogs. The rescue husky was said to be great with other dogs. The dogs foster mom said that it was because he was on a leash that he was attempting to attack the trainer's dog. The dog we bought is sweet and loving but hyper like I have never seen a dog. He was neutered the day we picked him up and was still jumping over baby gates and humping anything that moved. She is doing better with her attitude after I threatened to take her phone away, drop her allowance to what is required only and make her ride the local bus back and forth to her college. Since I could not get through to her why disrespecting the mother of the house was such a bad idea, I decided to show her and she saw the light. She and this dog are already bonded. She is taking him for walks. He has his first lesson on Sunday. It is a year of training. She will come home every weekend from college after she emancipates out and we will continue to pay for the training. The service dog has to be a year old and have at least twelve weeks of training before being allowed to ride public transportation. The trainer requested a bigger dog and this little thing is an America Eskimo. We read up on them and they are supposed to be very trainable. The trainer says he can train any dog. Guess we will find out. I did not take her phone or follow up on the threats as I want her to be treated like an adult but I also expect her to act like one. Hopefully things will work out. To take the dog away would destroy her