Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi am new to this forum and would love to know if anyone else has adopted from vanuatu or any other pacific island.
We adopted a baby girl at 12 hours old she is now 8 months old. We lived in vanuatu for about 10 months, we found out that adopting in vanuatu was easy when we first arrived so we put our name down at the hospital, a few days later we got the phone call, we took our baby girl home and after 3 months applied for a court date, one month later had court and the adoption finalised so very quick. We applied for a ni van passport and a visitor visa for NZ got that arrived back in NZ and applied for citizenship and a few weeks later received it. We have felt so blessed to have our bubs in our life and would love to hear about others that have done an international adoption from a pacific island and how they are coping with everyday life.
Advertisements
Hi Daynaw. We haven't adopted yet, but are living in Vila and are very seriously considering adoption here.
Can you tell me more about the process? It sounded so easy for you! Who did you see at the hospital? Did you have to notify NZ before you adopted or did you just rock up home and submit the application form? I would love to know more. I have met a few people here who have adopted but we would like to know as much as possible from all angles before we commit.
I would GREATLY appreciate any advice you could give us.
How have you found things now that you are home?
Thanks
Hi Daynaw!
I would LOVE to hear more about your experience! I was given to understand that as an expat you need to live in the country for one year before starting the adoption process-- is this not the case in Vanuatu???
Also, what other legal processes did you need to go through in Vanuatu to finalise the adoption? Were there many costs? What hospital did you register with? and you were able to take your little darling home to NZ straight away before she had citizenship?
Your story is amazing, I've never heard of such a quick adoption process. My husband and I are moving to port vila next month and will be working there for around a year, we are very interesting in the possibility of adopting our second child while we are there. I would really really love to hear more about your experience.
Thank you!
Yaneka
Hi Daynaw!
I would LOVE to hear more about your experience! I was given to understand that as an expat you need to live in the country for one year before starting the adoption process-- is this not the case in Vanuatu???
Also, what other legal processes did you need to go through in Vanuatu to finalise the adoption? Were there many costs? What hospital did you register with? and you were able to take your little darling home to NZ straight away before she had citizenship?
Your story is amazing, I've never heard of such a quick adoption process. My husband and I are moving to port vila next month and will be working there for around a year, we are very interesting in the possibility of adopting our second child while we are there. I would really really love to hear more about your experience.
Thank you!
Advertisements
Daynaw
Hi you can send me a private email if you like and we can chat :-)
Hi daynaw, I sent you an email but never received a reply. It may have gone straight to junk. Still really interested in talking to you about your experience! I will send you another email now, please keep an eye out for it. Thanks! Yaneka
Hi will keep an eye out for it, if I don't receive it by tomorrow I will come back here. Thanks Dayna
Hi still not received message, click on my name at the top of message and it will say send private message from there.
Hi am new to this forum and would love to know if anyone else has adopted from vanuatu or any other pacific island.
We adopted a baby girl at 12 hours old she is now 8 months old. We lived in vanuatu for about 10 months, we found out that adopting in vanuatu was easy when we first arrived so we put our name down at the hospital, a few days later we got the phone call, we took our baby girl home and after 3 months applied for a court date, one month later had court and the adoption finalised so very quick. We applied for a ni van passport and a visitor visa for NZ got that arrived back in NZ and applied for citizenship and a few weeks later received it. We have felt so blessed to have our bubs in our life and would love to hear about others that have done an international adoption from a pacific island and how they are coping with everyday life.
Hi Daynaw,
Not sure if you still visit this site but if you do my partner and I were very moved by your story and would like to find out more. We are from Australia and are planning a trip to Vanuatu to look into the adoption, would you be able to give us more information about the process?
Advertisements
Hi Daynaw,
Not sure if you still visit this site but if you do my partner and I were very moved by your story and would like to find out more. We are from Australia and are planning a trip to Vanuatu to look into the adoption, would you be able to give us more information about the process?
Yep, we are planning to visit Vanuatu too and would like to get some information about.
Hi Daywan
I red you story. It s amazing how easy it was for you to adopt your little girl!
Please I would like to have more information about the adoption process in Vanuatu.
Thank you so much!