Advertisements
Advertisements
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][/FONT] I dread the holidays with my family, I would rather spend it with strangers or someone's else family. When I was married or dating, I loved spending the holidays with my significant others family. Why? Since I am adopted, I am nothing like my dry, boring, bland, non social, adoptive family. They have food allergies, medical issues, and don't eat vegetables, or drink a drop of alcohol. Basically the food tastes like boiled cardboard, everything is white or brown, if anything green appears, everyone freaks out and wraps caution police tape around it and avoids it like its a disease. I love food, spice, flavor, wine, veggies, and like to have fun at family gatherings. If you have a glass of wine or a beer you are an alcoholic, If I bring anything with spice or color, the family freaks out, so why waste time cooking?. No one will play cards, dice, games, nothing. So I just wanna stay home and cook my own meal or tag along with a friend to their house. Is that wrong? Anyone else have similar issues? If I was working I would take my son and get away for the weekend. I told him I might drop him off, my family will freak if I am not there. They can get over it, I don't want to spend my holiday eating boiled cardboard and being conservative.
Advertisements