Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
mckat37
Did you watch the whole thing...the father is delusional. He weighs his 7 year old daughter and then takes her to McDonalds. He only gets to see her 1 day a week and has restraining orders against him. There has obviously been some issues. I don't see her as being that mean, she is trying to reason with stupid...hard
Kat
Seriously? I can't believe anyone thinks this womans' behavior is remotely appropriate. She's coming in with an attitude complete with finger snappings and chicken necking, or whatever you call it. It's beyond unprofessional. Some of his actions may not have been the smartest but they are not something that is CPS business. They are business between the parents. There is no abuse or neglect here.
I'm sure there is a lot to the story. It sounds like the parents are going at it and accusing each other of stuff which is not uncommon between divorced parents. My dad also had a restraining order and lost custody for stalking my mother and threatening all of us with an axe, which he was arrested for. None of it ever happened. So a report from the mother, in this case, that the father has mental problems, which he in turn says the mother has, is not something that should be taken as fact.
Even if this guy has done some stupid things in regards to his daughter there is no excuse for a social worker to act so extremely unprofessional and rude. She seems hell bent on finding faults with him, complaining that he's giving the kid soda, saying that it's none of a daycare's business if a kid is taking heavy duty antipsychotics (a drug that can cause tardive dyskinesia), and that 103 pounds on a 7-year old is normal and this guy is out of line to think it's not. I'd be worried too if any 7-year old gained 23 pounds in a matter of months which is most likely caused by the antipsychotic, not occasional visits to McDonald's, which is not CPS business either. I personally don't think it's out of line or delusional to be worried about a child's weight and take the child to McDonald's occasionally. Occasional visits to McDonald's doesn't cause obesity and doesn't mean that one can't teach healthy habits as well. We had the same problem with my stepdaughter who was mildly obese when she was younger. Not as much as this kid but still way overweight. She ate very healthy for the most part but once in a while, usually after a softball game, we'd get a hamburger. I don't think that made me and my husband delusional and she did lose weight even with trips to McDonald's.
This sounds like a pretty classic case of divorced parents not getting along and making accusations back and forth (dad has mental problems according to mom and mom has Munchausen by Proxy according to dad) and this SW has chosen to pick one side and is furthering that agenda with a hell of an attitude. It's not their place to tell a parent when he can give his kid soda and if he can weigh her. I find it frightening that anyone would think this woman's behavior is appropriate, especially someone who works with CPS. I hope nobody here would talk like that to a parent even if you thought he was stupid. If someone does that person shouldn't be in this business.
And yes, I noticed the editing but the parts cut out as so short that I don't think it would make that much of a difference. The CPS worker's, who clearly doesn't have the best eating habits herself, attitude is inexcusable regardless of what was said during the time that was cut out.