Advertisements
Advertisements
So my husband and I are in the process of saving from Poland and looking at what we can reasonably handle for our "checklist". There are so many things that sound like really serious problems but have a very broad spectrum of severity. A bit of background on us:
My husband works full time and I am attempting to find a job for the saving process and the waiting time line of our adoption.
We have an almost 6 year old (born December 07). We are well educated and I have a master's in behavioral sciences. There are some things I think we can handle. We could handle minor/mild developmental delays or mild/minor physical issues however insurance wise I'm not sure what happens, my husband will be leaving his job in July (leaving the military) so hopefully we will be able to get good insurance. Our daughter has chronic juvenile arthritis as well which is well controlled with medication and may go into remission in the next few years.
So many things I see on various checklists (just from around the internet as we haven't signed yet with an agency) I've either never heard of or sounds really frightening and like we might not be able to handle it; but as with many things there is a range of severity. I know it's a personal decision but what were some of the issues/disabilities that were not acceptable to y'all?