Advertisements
Advertisements
In 2010 I completed the adoption of my two stepchildren successfully. Today, after finally getting a voluntary relinquishment for my daughter, I was denied the adoption between her and her stepfather. The judge was rude and abrasive and the money I spent on filing fees and social study was for nothing. I completed this adoption exactly like the one on 2010, which resulted in a successful adoption. It was clear from the beginning that this judge did not like Pro Se and then of course he was being a bully and I choked. My husband and daughter were devastated. The judge said "he strongly suggested I hire an attorney." Really?? I cannot afford an attorney!!
If you can't afford one, file a petition to have the State of Texas to pay for one for your daughter -- THEY ARE REQUIRED TO GRANT THE REQUEST BASED ON HER INCOME.
Do it. Now.
Advertisements
BrandyHagz
If you can't afford one, file a petition to have the State of Texas to pay for one for your daughter -- THEY ARE REQUIRED TO GRANT THE REQUEST BASED ON HER INCOME.
Do it. Now.
Based on the child's income or ours? Because if it's ours, we make too much. :(
Do you have the petition and do I file under the same cause number as the adoption? Is this the ad litem? If so I'll have to submit an amended petition of termination and adoption requesting the court appoint an ad litem?
Thanks for responding!
If you go to TexasLawHelp.org and search Affidavit of Indigency it will pull up the form you need. I'm still preparing our court date but just wanted to mention since you've already done all the work a lawyer probably will only charge you $500? I hope everything works out for you.
Wow, that is such crap and I am very sorry to hear that! I don't know why the judge was advocating you to get a lawyer after the biological father had signed away rights. Like, um hello? He probably has a wedgie he can't seem to get rid of.
I don't think you need a lawyer at all, and I suggest doing some research on this website. It's a great FAQ page for step parent adoption, especially when you are doing it without a lawyer. http://www.rapidadoption.com/support.html